SportingWins takes the risk of paying bonuses, so clients do not have to worry about the cost.
We are the market leader in covering risks related to the results of professional sport, and have covered the risk of paying bonuses for many of the world's leading sports goods manufacturers, global sports agencies and numerous corporate sponsors, including of a large proportion of the world’s top twenty golfers, six Premier League football clubs, continental Champions League clubs and national teams.
SportingWins writes financial contracts, “Hedging Agreements”, which are clear legal contracts bespoke to each client and transaction, offering prompt settlement when payments are triggered and no need to prove loss. They are not contracts of insurance. To illustrate how they could work for a sponsor:
- A sponsor of Rickie Fowler has a $1m bonus payable for each Major that he wins in 2015.
- SportingWins is willing to cover the cost of Rickie winning at a rate of 5%.
- The sponsor pays SportingWins $200,000 ($50,000 for each of the four Majors).
- For each Major that Rickie wins in 2015, SportingWins pays the sponsor $1m, up to $4m if he wins all four.
- The cost to the sponsor is therefore fixed at $200,000 in all circumstances, and they can budget and plan accordingly.
Rates and amounts quoted are for illustrative purposes only.
SportingWins can cover bonuses and other financial risks associated with the results of leading professional sports including football, golf, rugby, tennis and cricket, as well as motor racing and major US sports. In addition, SportingWins can cover the financial risks associated with on-field under performance, such as relegation of failure to qualify for the Champions League or other lucrative events.